Thursday, June 16, 2016

Learning About the Orchestra

(Original post from May 7, 2013)

I'm doing something I've never done before. 

We are picking one thing and learning as much about the one thing as we can in 6 weeks.

We chose Stravinsky's "The Firebird."  Along with learning about Stravinsky and ballet and Russia and Russian Fairy tales and "how to write a story" and Russian food, we are learning about the parts of the Orchestra.


The resources I found for learning about the orchestra is what I would like to share today.

Here are some things we have been doing:

WORKSHEETS ABOUT INSTRUMENT FAMILIES (printable - my kids like the crossword puzzle that goes along with the illustrated instruments.)

INSTRUMENTS OF THE ORCHESTRA (online, so fun!)

MORE Instruments of the OCHESTRA (online, also SOoooO fun!)

After we got familiar with the instrument families in the Orchestra we used this link to test our knowledge:
(Just follow the instructions.)

LISTEN TO MUSIC

And it you REALLY want to have fun, check out the PERFORMALATOR. You'll thank me later.  ;-)

These sites are so full of fun ways to learn about music, we haven't even begun to scratch the surface, but we are having a great time.



Leave a comment if you find a fun thing on one of these sites that I should try with my family.  THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment