Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Support Group

Today I went to a Family Support Group.  I wanted to see what it was like.  And to be honest, I felt a little out of place.  Everyone was sharing their story about losing a child and I shared my story, too, but I didn't really feel like I fit in.  I feel like my situation is different. Not to minimize what happened to us, but I think what those families went through was a lot harder than what I experienced. Maybe there is a different group out there that I can relate too better.

So, we sat around tables in the shape of a square.  There were a variety of people there.  A few had lost young babies 3-4 months old, one had lost a 2 1/2 year old and another had lost their 17 year old just one month earlier.  Then there was me - the baby we lost was a surprise. It's a different situation.

I don't really think I'll be going back.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you felt out of place! I really loved having you there. Even though there is the other family that lost their twin girl at 2 months I feel like you just "understand" more. Please don't minimize your loss. Just because Ella passed before birth doesn't mean she didn't have a life :)

    ReplyDelete